I love holidays, and this one is one of my favorites to celebrate. Nothing says summer quite like popsicles, grilling out, and fireworks! I'm pretty sure we won't take Reese to the fireworks this year (because they're not until 10 pm by us!), but I still plan on having lots of fun this weekend.
1. Mmmm freezer pops....! These popsicles are the quintessential summer treat! I grew up eating these and cannot wait to give Reese one (or a few!) this weekend. I know she'll love them as much as I did.
2. I've only recently starting following the Pioneer Woman's blog and oh my does she have some delicious looking recipes! Her macaroni salad looks positively yummy and I know I'm going to be trying out quite a few of her dishes. I only wish we had cable so I could get the Food Network!
3. These last few days in Wisconsin haven't really been swimming weather - mostly in the 60s. I'm hoping we get some nice sunny, hot days this weekend so we can head to the pool! I am a big fan of rash guards since it means less sunscreen (I hate applying the stuff) and have been scoping out some of these on Land's End. I don't know that I'm going to get any of these this summer since you know, big pregnant belly... but definitely for next year! I love that they don't look like rash guards so much as just a cute summer top.
4. I have been eating a lot of watermelon lately, and can't think of a better way to incorporate it into a refreshing summer drink. I definitely will be trying some version of it this weekend! (Sadly with no vodka... next year!)
5. And finally, this is probably my favorite display of fireworks ever. I love local displays, but no one does fireworks like Disney (especially set to music!). I love Wishes, and I love Fantasmic, but there's something about this particular show and music that gets me every time. I wouldn't want to be there tomorrow with the crowds, but I sure do miss this place!
So excited to share the matches for the Christmas in July Exchange today!
First of all, I just wanted to thank everyone who signed up for this exchange. I had so much fun participating last year and I'm even more excited to be co-hosting this year! I hope you all have as much fun as I did last time.
Second, and most important, here are the match ups:
Ladies, look out for an email from Liz either tonight or tomorrow with the information that your partner provided for you. If you don't get anything from Liz by Thursday, please send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and she can look into it.
Some things to remember...
- please ship your packages by July 13th
- box contents should be $20 before shipping
- link up with a blog post of the goodies that you got on Monday, July 27th. No blog? No problem! Share on social media with #xmasinjulygiftexchange
Feeling: Pretty good yet. Still tired most of the time and would love to be able to sleep in some mornings, but that isn't really possible.
Eating: I'm trying to change my eating habits a bit and eat a little more healthier. I've been wanting McDonalds for the past few weeks and have given in a few times, so now I'm trying to get a more balanced diet. Rather than, you know, chicken sandwiches and fries :)
Missing: Vodka lemonades! With summer officially here, I am definitely missing my favorite drink. Pink lemonade is still pretty good on it's own though.
Wearing: Pretty much all maternity, minus lounging around clothes. I usually wear tshirts and yoga pants around the house and those are both non-maternity.
Sleeping: Pretty good overall, but more tossing and turning as of late. I got my body pillow back out this last week and that has been soooo nice to have!
Movement: Lots of moving from this baby girl! Sometimes the sudden movements will catch me off guard and I'll either gasp or laugh out loud a bit. Scott then looks at me funny until I tell him what happened.
Gender: Girl! I'm happy we can reuse a lot of Reese's clothes, but I need to do a little bit of shopping so this little lady has some new stuff of her own!
Best Moment: Not related to this pregnancy, but being able to get the little pool out for Reese for the first time this summer! She loves 'swimming' in there and I love spending the time outside together, just watching her play.
Looking Forward To: Enjoying summer to it's fullest, and then our last little getaway as a family of 3!
It's been a while since I did a bucket list of any kind, so I wanted to share our summer one today. I didn't many it huge because I didn't want it to be unattainable, so I'm hoping we can accomplish most if not all of these this summer!
I cannot wait to go swimming with little miss Reese this summer- she loved it last year and I'm sure she'll have even more fun this year! Bring on the lemonade, sunshine, and outdoor fun!
Last year we had so much fun sending and receiving summer boxes full of amazing things for the kids that we wanted to do it again this year. Not to mention many of the participants said they'd love to do it again, and who are we to disappoint all our blog friends?
The idea is to fill a box with anything you think your partner's kid(s) would love - water toys, craft supplies, books, etc, and the limit is $20 before shipping.
You can sign up HERE to participate from now until Friday, June 26th. You don't have to be a blogger to participate, but we ask that you share what you receive on social media with #xmasinjulygiftexchange. The matches will be emailed and announced by June 30th.
Send out your packages no later than July 13th, please keep your tracking number in case something goes astray. Don't forget the wrapping paper! Then come back on Monday, July 27th to link up and share what you received.
We are limiting this exchange to US residents only.
We certainly hope you will sign up. It is always a treat to receive something special in the mail.